Saturday 24 March 2018

A Princess can Dream


Well, here is little Princess Rebekah watching Shekinah and Mohamed take their first dance as man and wife, yes this little princess was keenly watching and surely will one day be dreaming of a prince charming for herself.

It is a different kind of wedding that I've ever been to, and I have been to a number. I suppose I was expecting a Madeiran Lebanese Muslim fusion of a wedding but it turned out to be just a wedding reception as to the actual wedding vows which I believe happened earlier with even the father of the bride not even knowing yet alone giving his daughter away. Is this the Lebanese Muslim way of getting married? Surely not, well I actually don't know. What I do know from already experiencing a Lebanese Christian wedding that is not the case.


Anyways, it was a great wedding reception as receptions go, with local Lebanese dancing much similar to most Mediterranean cultures like the Greek and Israeli except this time with Lebanese music. No keep the tune but just replace the singing and I could be in the Palestine countryside or even Turkey.

No comments:

Popular Posts