Sunday 25 March 2018

It's Who I Am


Yes today is Palm Sunday and within a week we celebrate the most Holiest of Days in the Christian calendar, the death and resurrection of our saviour, Jesus the Messiah.

Those that read my blog would know by now that God seems to be taking me on a journey. Yip, I don't know what my future holds but I know who holds it. If I just stop and think of the situation I currently find myself in, yes I would be scared but strangely I find myself calm. And on the Sunday when Jesus sent some disciples ahead to "steal" a donkey and her colt and bring it to Him so that He can ride triumphantly into Jerusalem thereby fulfilling the prophecy in Zechariah that their King will return to Jerusalem riding a donkey and her foal. The people waving palm branches were expecting a conquering messiah, and were thrown into confusion at the events that unfolded over the week that ended with Jesus hanging on a cross. Well that was not the end of the story.

Over this coming week till Friday, the story builds up, but remember, SUNDAY is coming!

I am going to use some of the words of the song by Chris Tomlin, Good Good Father, which we sang in church this morning to tell you how I feel in words I can't even start right now even with the future looking as bleak. Sunday is coming.

I've heard a 1000 stories of what they think you're like but I've heard the tender whispers of love in the dead of night and you tell me that you're pleased with me and that I'm never alone. I've seen many searching for answers far and wide but I know that I've been searching for answers only you provide because you know just what I need before I say a word. You are perfect in all of Your ways. Oh, it's love so undeniable I, I can hardly speak. Peace so unexplainable I, I can hardly think as you call me deeper still into love. You're a good good father, it's who you are and I'm loved by you. It's who I am!


No comments:

Popular Posts