Wednesday 30 August 2017

Matric Valedictory


Tonight was Matthew’s last High School function, his Matric Valedictory evening. After this, comes his Prelims, a break, then Final Exams. And that is it Matthew will be finished with High School and he will be off to University.

Tether your soul to me
I will never let go completely
One day your hands will be
Strong enough to hold me


Oh boy time has flown since Matthew was born. Now Matthew is taller than me, let’s hope he stays thin and not follow in his dad’s footsteps.

I might not be there for all your battles
But you'll win them eventually
I'll pray that I'm giving you all that matters
So one day you'll say to me


Lynda and I had to rush over to the other side of Johannesburg, where Matthew’s Matric Valedictory was being held, the main hall at Ashton International College in Benoni. Thankfully traffic wasn’t too bad and we made it with plenty of time to spare.

I am not my mistakes
And God knows I've made a few
I started to question the angels
And the answer they gave was you



I cannot promise there won't be sadness
I wish I could take it from you
But you'll find the courage to face the madness
And sing it because it's true

Well done Matthew, I am very proud of you and hopefully you who say these words from Robbie Williams song "Love my Life"...

I love my life
I am powerful
I am beautiful
I am free
I love my life
I am wonderful
I am magical
I am me
I love

No comments:

Popular Posts