Friday 1 February 2019

Open Door


After a stressful end to the evening, we just crashed and in the morning we got up early to leave for work because I had left my Vespa at Lynda's office so I would need to get there first before going to work. As we were leaving I noticed that our neighbour's gate was standing half open. I tried to phone them but no answer. I then noticed that their front door was also standing agar so I went into their property and called out to my neighbours. No answer so I walked towards their front door and noticed that the security gate had being forced open and that the front door was kicked in. I immediately phoned the Neighbourhood Watch's Ops Room who then dispatched my neighbour's security company.

When the security company arrived we ventured inside hoping not to find my neighbour's bodies but thankfully they weren't home. Next thing my neighbour returned my call and I gave him the sad news that criminals broke into their home while they were away.

After the neighbours came home, they accessed the damaged and strangely reported that nothing was stolen. Because of the strange circumstances we suspect who did it but will leave it for the police to sort out which in South Africa means nothing will be done as the police in our area have an unofficial catch and release program.

No comments:

Popular Posts