Monday 11 February 2019

Made in Colgate China


Brushing my teeth, I enjoy mixing a spot of TheraBreath toothpaste with a spot of Colgate Salt toothpaste together because TheraBreath, doesn't foam nicely. So here I am doing my daily morning routine when I had to open a new box of Salt. So here I am brushing away, I decided to look at the small print on the packaging of the Colgate Salt. 

I was surprised to find that the Colgate Salt is manufactured in Goa, India. While still brushing away, I dug out another box of toothpaste, Lynda likes the Colgate Total paste. Both boxes are obviously marketed to the African market as the print are in English, French, and Portuguese. The shocker was to find that the Colgate Total is manufactured in Guangzhou, China. Wow, I am very skeptical about food stuffs made in China. With all scandals such as the infant milk powder that was had melamine substituted, even today the Chinese themselves prefer to buy their infant milk power from out of the country. Stories continue to pour out over the short cuts in the Chinese  food industry that I try not to buy any food stuffs that say Made in China.

And now I find that Colgate is manufacturing toothpaste in China because it is cheaper than doing it elsewhere. This is not bringing a smile to my face. Time to change brands.



No comments:

Popular Posts