Monday 21 January 2019

State Capture 101


Since last week I have been glued to the Zondo Commission of Inquiry into State Capture, as their witness turned out to be none other the Angelo Agrizzi, the ex COO of the Bosasa Group of companies. 

Those who know me, know that I used to work for Bosasa. My job was to look after all their digital properties especially in line with reputation management. I remember sitting with my boss Rob once and speaking about the fires online that I need to negate with good news. I was a firm believer that there is no smoke without a fire and he simply stated that there was no corruption as Bosasa was a company run with Christian principles. And now this, Angelo is singing like a canary and it is coming across as How to Capture a State 101. 

So with earphones on while I do my work, I am blown away at how deep the rabbit hole is going. Somehow I don't quite believe Angelo's reason why he is singing as I feel that his motive is about the same as I felt when I was retrenched from Bosasa, thanks to Jason and Julius aka Judas. But I am happy that he is singing to save himself, his family, and friends. Riveting stuff.  




No comments:

Popular Posts