Tuesday 8 January 2019

Hold the Storm


Lynda's car went in for a service today, we dropped it off last night. It has to be collected this afternoon or evening and it was forecasted that the chances of a storm is 60% to hit from 4 to 7pm. I needed to leave my pickup for Lynda, and didn't want to get stuck in traffic trying to get back home to pick up Lynda's car. So I chanced it on the Vespa.

Ominous clouds started building up from 2pm, as I watched in trepidation. On the dot of 4, I raced out to start my race for home but it looked bad. I sent Lynda a message that I was going to start my swim for home and put on my rain suit. I sent out a prayer to God, to please hold back the storm just so that I can make it home.

Wow, the wind was terrible. At first I was buffered by a side wind, and on the highway with a screen that acts like a huge sail, did not help at all. As I passed the Malibongwe offramp, the highway turns south and all of a sudden riding at about 130km/h, the sidewind became a headwind, and it was slamming into a wall of air, before I knew it I was only doing 100km/h. The Vespa and its sail was all over the road. I had to hold on to the bunking Vespa.

But it did not rain.

The mountain ahead of me was covered in black rain clouds, I needed to go up there. I thanked God that he was holding back the storm, and headed up into the mountains. 

Riding through the hilly parts of my ride home, it dropped a few big drops but no rain. I passed a few fallen over trees, but I made it home, just as the heavens opened.

God held back the storm, just so that I could make it home safely. Thank you Lord, thank you so much.

No comments:

Popular Posts