Monday 24 February 2020

Flu Season is Coming


I have 3 pairs of gloves under the seat of my Vespa, normal thin woolen for mild cool mornings, thick heat holders for those very cold mornings, and some real padded biker gloves for those cold wet days. The weather changed dramatically overnight and we woke up to a rather chilly morning, so cold that I had to put on my Heat Holders.

I am keeping an weary eye on what is happening in the northern hemisphere with the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak. We are about to enter our flu season in a few months and if this Chinese bug would hit our shores I am not too confident that our medical institutions would be able to cope. Yes we are in a much better situation than our northern neighbours such as Zimbabwe. Okay enough of this fear mongering, lets all get our immune systems ready. Live long and prosper!

No comments:

Popular Posts