Friday 7 February 2020

Huge Storm


My Vespa is back in the mechanic's shop because it started its nonsense again on my way in to work this morning. I had limped her to the mechanic to get her fixed and then used my pickup to drive to work, late.

It took me a long time to get home due to being in a cage but thankfully I was in my pickup as a huge thunderstorm hit Roodepoort while on my way stuck in traffic. By the time I got to Roodepoort the storm was just about finished but it had caused so much damage with a large number of trees and walls fell over.

The Roodekrans Neighbourhood Watch members were already in action, so I joined them. First I went to the intersection of Wilgeroot and Amaryllis Drive to help Brenden with getting the rush hour traffic safely through. When the electricity was restored, I then joined other patrollers to check up on all the streets in our areas for fallen trees and boundary walls. The RNW members worked late into the night cutting up fallen trees, and removing rubble lying in the roads. As you can see on the volunteer's posture above it was an exhausting job.

No comments:

Popular Posts