Sunday 28 July 2019

The Tissue


From yesterday's "Be Still" in that quiet place where it is thin between here on earth and the heavens, my mind was dealing with "what was it all about", this fleating moment that we have here on this earth.

And then the lay preacher had to go talk about God and work, that is it is honouring and pleasing to God. My mind which was already so active with the thoughts of God, thought about that even the lowliest jobs are pleasing to God. Take the Garbage Scavengers, who once a week go through our trash looking to make a meager existence. Why do we despise them so much? Because God loves them just as much as He does us, maybe if I can be so bold to say maybe even more than me.

It was about this time that I was little teary that I asked Lynda for a tissue, and this is what I got. To me this tissue looked like a stuck up snotty nosed person, and here I was just going to use it to wipe my nose with it. Suddenly a light bulb went ON!

Update
I posted on Facebook while still in church this "God says that the work that the trash recyclers do when they go through our dustbin is honourable and good." And one of my friends wanted to know where in the Bible did God say that along with book, chaper, and verse.

So firstly before I try to answer here, I want to let everyone know that I don't know all the answers as I am at the bottom rung when it comes to theology yet I can you know that God does speak to me and answers my prayers. Not in a loud voice as I would surely get a fright and be the first to run away but in that quiet place that I find myself in as mentioned at the start of this post. And he answers all my prayers, quite often not with the answer I wanted but He does answer them all.

Okay lets get stuck in and hopefully remember some of the stuff preached to us on Sunday while my mind floated far away, God created work and for us to work not in a sadistic sense to be His slave, oh no. He himself worked to create the heavens and the earth then rested on the 7th day. He said it was good. He then tasked Adam and Eve to work in His creation to glorify Him by subduing the earth and have dominion over all. I don't remember all the verses mention on Sunday but I took away this that we honour God through our work and that got me thinking about the lowliest job honouring God. 

It was in that space that I heard the whisper in my soul "Yes Jerome, that work too is honouring and good to me". How easy is it for someone to be so down as those garbage diggers to simple give up and turn to other unscrupulous means of making a living yet they honour God by working, not giving up, and make a honest living. Yes I agree it not the best job out there and I am sure the diggers themselves wish they could get a better job but they are way better than those lazy bones doing nothing.

Now here I am in a job, not the best job in terms of earnings, yet God has placed me here and I must honour Him in all that I do. Oh how easy it is for me to complain, skinner, and gossip. God has blessed me. Thank you and good night. Oh and before I go... Say Awesome Everyone.



No comments:

Popular Posts