Saturday 27 July 2019

Be Still


Who would have thought that I would be attending my 3rd memorial service in less than 2 months and that Winnie the Pooh would be quoted from the pulpit, "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard". 

Yes here I am in this church in Florida, saying goodbye to Dawid. I only met Dawid towards the later half of last year and in that short time he made an impact in all the lives he touched. He created the video we used in the Save Black Eagle crowd funding project that we did last year for free, that was the type of person he was, giving and not taking.

The lady who quoted Winnie the Pooh went on to Psalm 46 and I closed my eyes and allowed the words "Be still, and know that I am God". So as I rest up by the river, and say my goodbyes as Dawid crossed over, my mind dwelt in the presence of the Lord Almighty.

No comments:

Popular Posts