Monday 4 June 2018

Glimpses of the Cross


Well it is time to hit the road back to civilisation. After a good breakfast, I left Hilton and headed north. The weather closed in by the time I got to the Drankensberg, with the peaks of the mountain hidden by snow clouds. All I could do was to push through and on the other side it started to clear.

The temperatures were still about zero. Driving past Harrismith I caught glimpses of the cross on top of the Platberg mountain, the Free States own Table Mountain. 


By time I got to Gauteng, the snow clouds where behind me, icy cold blue skies above, and in front lay Johannesburg, sitting under a brooding layer of smog due to a winter's inversion layer which traps the pollution low to the ground. I just had to put my head down and drive into the haze. 

No comments:

Popular Posts