Thursday 2 April 2020

Day 7 - First Checkpoint


Lockdown Day 7 - I did my furthest delivery run yet to Kempton Park, and went through 2 checkpoints, all on the East Rand. I must say that compared to the northern suburbs and West Rand where I only see a few police driving around, in the east they are serious. The first checkpoint was manned by SAPS, the second by Ekurhuleni Traffic. Thank goodness my paperwork is up to scratch and stood up to the police's scrutiny. 

As you can see there was minimal traffic on the freeways, and I did see that the Gauteng Highway Police pulling cars off randomly to check papers. I also heard on the radio that there were large army and police checkpoints at all provincial borders plus that the tollgates where also checking papers.

No comments:

Popular Posts