Friday 17 April 2020

Day 22 - Feeding the Sterling


Lockdown Day 22 - It was towards the end of another lock down day and I was busy in my office when Lynda brought to me a dove that had lost it's tail when Tiger pounced on it while the dove was busy stealing food out of the dog's bowl. 

The tailless dove needed help, so I put the call out on our community WhatsApp group RNW Conservation, and withing minutes Lisa responded that she could take this poor dove in. So we carefully placed this feisty dove into a shoebox and I rushed the dove over to Lisa who was waiting with her husband.

While I was handing over the poor dove, they were telling me of some of the birds that they rehabilitated and release back into the wild, for example a sterling which now hangs around the neighbourhood, returning back to then every now and then. And then as if on cue, the sterling decided to make an appearance, to welcome the dove to a safe place while its tail feathers regrow.

No comments:

Popular Posts