Sunday 26 April 2020

Day 31 - Can't Make the Bed


Lockdown Day 31 - Wow 31 days into this lockdown and Paddy, our ginger, is really enjoying having us at home. So much so that I can't even make my bed anymore. Hopefully we won't have to endure this cabin fever much longer. 

UPDATE
Okay Kyle my Connect family has been pushing me to do this update. I told our Connect family about what happened today, this Sunday the 26 April that I didn't originally share it but Kyle thinks that I should so here is my testimony of today's church service.

So here goes. As those who want to know a little of the back story Jon is busy working through the story of David during our online church services now that we on lockdown and can't do our normally get together church. So here we are sitting in bed listening to Jon preach.

Preach it brother.

Today's live sermon was how David fled to the Philistines to escape Saul. Okay I am going paraphrase the story to get to my testimony quicker. The Philistine leader Achish allowed David and 600 men and their families to stay at the village of Ziklag. As expected war came between the Philistines and the Israelites. After some thought David and his men went to Achish to offer his services against David's own people but the generals were skeptical and convinced Achish to send David away. When David returned to Ziklag we found that the Amalekites had attacked and had taken their families away as plunder. David then went after the Amalekites to rescue their families.

It was then sitting on my bed that the Word of God suddenly became real to me. This story wasn't about David but about me, yes me Jerome.

There it was, God had a plan for me but things had gotten tough and instead of relying on God's provision, I had fled to the Philistines or in my case Websense to help me pay the bills, to give me a respite. Money was coming in to pay the bond, not enough but enough to give me a sense of control but I was not in control. I was not in the right place that God wanted me to be, I was in my Ziklag. There was times when offers came in to leave Ziklag but I was comfortable or I think that because I didn't like confrontation I sort of half heartily pursued leaving. Then war came in the form of the Corona Virus. Then came the attack by the Amalekites on Ziklag when I was surprised by been unfairly dismissed. David too must have been so surprised to find his family taken into captivity and all he could do was to turn back to God.

Just like that God spoke to me through the story of David. This was me, yes me trying to do it on my own and not trusting God so I fled and tried to do it on my own. Now I find myself at the ruins of Ziklag. 

What can I do now? Well all I can do is turn back to God. To trust and put all my hope in God.



No comments:

Popular Posts