Monday 11 March 2019

Sunworx's Bosasa Link


So while sitting in traffic as one does in rush hour, I noticed that the vehicle in front of me belonged to Sun Worx Holdings aka Sunworx Solar. This was strange because I was under the impression that they were a subsidiary of Bosasa. From all the press lately we know that Bosasa is under liquidation yet here was one of their vehicles, now I am unsure.

The reason for my thinking that Sunworx was a subsidiary of Bosasa was that the director of Sunworx Solar is Roth Watson, the son of Gavin Watson who is the CEO of African Global Operations previously known as Bosasa. And plus the fact that Papa Leshabane, Thandi Makoko, and Jackie Leyds who are all directors at Bosasa were also Sunworx's advisory board members, according to archive web records.  I remember earlier in the year that I was retrenched from Bosasa, I was tasked with cleaning up all the references of Bosasa and Sondolo IT off the Sunworx Solar website. Sondolo who was also a Bosasa subsidiary, helped Sunworx with the labour on all their big installations such on the top of the roof of Standard Bank CVOP and at PRASA's train workshop in Braamfontein.

Interesting that now all references to any links between Sunworx and Bosasa are gone from the interwebs, well not all. I found references on a site called Exon Consulting which is in itself strange and also on Sunworx's own website in archives. 

No comments:

Popular Posts