Tuesday 10 July 2018

Gadoi Elohai


I have been free falling for sometime now and I wasn't hearing from God especially as the ground started rushing up towards me at a great speed. About 3 weeks ago a good friend said these words to me "don't look towards month end but look towards God". I had to tear my sight away from the upcoming ground zero and bury my face in His word. I started at the Psalms and started finding promise after promise of that I could stand on.

What I was looking for was solid ground and I cried out to God...

"In you, Lord my God, I put my trust. Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my saviour. Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from old. Do not remember the sins of my youth and rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Lord, are good." Psalm 25

"In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead me and guide me." Psalm 31

And so did my cries went up to my God, and he turned His ear towards me and heard me.

Today He gave me a new song... Gadoi Elohai.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40

After I read that I felt that God had literally gave me a new song to sing, no more crying out because I felt God had heard my pleas and had answered. Later while doing my social, I noticed a friend had posted a song by Joshua Aaron a Messianic Jew, it was an old song but sung in a new way, in Hebrew, Gadol Elohai, and my heart jumped. I found Joshua's testimony online, and before he gave his testimony he spoke about a new song and that song was Gadoi Elohai. Conformation.

Gadoi Elohai! Shiru ki Gadol. Elohai! Kol echad yirei Ki Gadol elohai.

It's easy to praise God when something great happens. However, I know how hard it can be to praise God in the midst of the struggle. 

So now the words on my lips are Gadoi Elohai, how great is our God. "Lord I thank you that I was free falling with the ground coming up so fast that I could not comprehend what was going to happen. BUT before I went splat, you caught me, dusted me off, and placed me on solid rock. I was broken but now you have given me a new song on my lips, thank you, thank you so much!"


No comments:

Popular Posts