Friday 20 July 2018

Pilgrim Intruders


Sitting at my desk on a Friday, the dogs start going ballistic and I looked out to check what is going on, when I saw a glimpse of a person in the veldt carrying an orange bag disappearing amongst the Protea trees. 

I rushed and put on some shoes ideal for the veldt, called River Song, and we were off in pursuit. But by the time we got out into the veldt, the intruder was gone. So called religious pilgrims trespass into the veldt to get closer to their god with an added benefit, they believe that the 3 springs below in the valley are holy waters. I don't mind them coming for the holy water and to pray. what I do mind is the overnight camping, laying of snares to catch bush meat, and the cutting down of trees. The pilgrims normally start moving in from Thursdays and stay till Sunday, cutting down Protea trees for firewood as it has been cold. Last night the valley was littered with campfires, not good at all.


No comments:

Popular Posts