Saturday 22 February 2014

Grey Crowned Crane


Last night on the way back from Benoni, I felt my glands in my throat swelling which means I am coming down with something. This morning it felt like flu had set in but I had a full day ahead planed.

Self medicated, I set out to test drive a few vehicles. My pickup is getting a bit long in the tooth and I am seeking a replacement within the next 6 months. My problem is that when Matthew and Lynda have to travel with me in the pickup, it is not fair for Matthew to sit at the back. At first I was looking at the sedan Kia Cerato 1.6 but lately I leaning towards a double cab pickup. My whole family can fit in, Lynda in front, Matthew in the back seats, the dogs in the bin and for emergencies the Vespa can be carried.

This morning was test drove the bottom of my choices, the GWM Steed 5 2.0 VGT and the top of my choices, the Ford Ranger XL 2.2 TDCI. So far I love the Ranger but need to see if it would fit in the budget.

Later on it was off to Krugersdorp, where I saw this beautiful Grey Crowned Crane but by this time my medication was starting to wear off.

No comments:

Popular Posts