Sunday 2 February 2014

Expectant


We haven't seen Mark and Guinevere for such a long time that I was looking forward joining them at the Market Theatre this afternoon for some culture. Somehow Mark got the numbers wrong or I didn't confirm, but Mark and Guievere got to see Agreed while Lynda and I enjoyed Expectant.

I wasn't sure what to expect other than an expectant mother going on a monologue about, well being an expectant mother. Close but no cigar, Rebecca Makin-Taylor brought a monologue nowhere near what I thought it would be. As a white, English speaking South African male, it is hard to expect a better future for us in South Africa. With our history as water under the bridge, what can I be expectant of in the "New" South Africa? What does it mean to be from South Africa?

No comments:

Popular Posts