Wednesday 12 February 2014

Bob, Bob, Bob!


The second late night in a row. Wow this is starting to get to me. Yawn! Tonight was Alpha course, no it was not dull and boring, just too many late nights. Bob, shown above, is leading our group and it is interesting listening to the questions asked. I suddenly realise that many among us never had the privilege of growing up in a Christian environment, well I shouldn't say privilege as it has been used as a crutch. Note what they used to say about missionary kids when I was growing up.

These were seeking questions which had perplexed the asker, for example, "God says that we all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Yes murder is sin, but I don't feel that swearing, or telling a white lie is sin." I closed my eyes, sent a prayer heavenwards for the right way to answer this query in such a way as to still evoke love. I let the answers that came up wash over me, trying to understand each nuances. Trying to understand life.

No comments:

Popular Posts