Tuesday 6 February 2018

After the Storm


After the daily afternoon storms, our front garden is unexpectedly flourishing. When the two large trees were cut down in the front, there was nothing much left to beat off the harsh African sun, but left to its own devices the garden has sprung back with cycads and irises popping up everywhere. Nice to see God's green hand over the land.

Taking about God I was given a word tonight from Kerry at our Connect group. It has been a harsh week for me with all what has gone wrong. The word is from Isaiah 49:2 "He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver" God is busy polishing me, the arrow in his quiver. Preparing me, taking off all the rough edges, and polishing me, for a work that he has planned for me. Well I know that I am too close to the cliff face to see the bigger picture and I don't feel that I am of any use as I am, so if God has a plan for me, I need a lot of polishing.

No comments:

Popular Posts