Monday 25 January 2021

Contract


I got an email today with a contract attached for a graduate position in FNB. I plan to take this job for my in-service training that is necessary to complete my studies. So today I had to dust off the printer and print out the contract to sign. During this year of in-service training I have to produce a thesis applicable to my field of study. I don't know exactly what I am going to do it on but I am sure that I will be very busy this year.

When it comes to banking they still use old technology for their core systems, this technology is a programming language called COBOL. My dad knew this and always wanted me to learn it, even stating that NASA uses it. I don't know about that last part but I am going to be trained in COBOL which is a very rare skill to have for new programmers. I know that my dad would be proud with what I am doing, and that makes me excited to learn and do my best.   

No comments:

Popular Posts