Tuesday 3 December 2019

Pump No More


When things go wrong, they seem to happen all at the same time, and these last few months have been one of those times yet here I am living day by day, trying to keep my head above water and now this. Last week our swimming pool pump started squirting water out of the pump chamber through some cracks that had developed. Another problem to tackle, not sure how to go about it I phoned a friend James, and asked if he could check my pump and see if it was repairable. 

He came back after inspecting the damaged pump and gave me the bad news that due to the immense pressures, the pump can not be repaired but don't worry he has a plan. Later that afternoon, James contacted me and informed me that when he converted his swimming pool to a pond many moons ago, he put his old pump away in storage and after checking, his old pump will work. 

So today James arrived with a swimming pool expert and replaced my broken pump with his at no charge to me other than the expert's labour costs and fittings that he used. Helping one person might not change the whole world, but it could change the world for one person. Thanks to James for paying it forward.

No comments:

Popular Posts