Monday 16 December 2019

Pool Sand


As part of getting our swimming pool back to normal, I decided that we have to change the filter sand after some advice from Dael. So yesterday I bought some pool sand, only 1 bag and should have bought 2 bags, but how was I to know, so anyway this meant we had to wash the existing sand and use it to top back up to the right level.

But before doing this we had to get most of the sand out of the filter by hand as I think that is the only way you can do it unless the pool guys have a special undisclosed method. So here is John and I taking turns scooping the sand out.

After washing evey thing, we placed the clean sandfilter back and reconnected before pouring the new sand in first. Then we added the best of the washed sand back and trashed the rest into the garden. With the filter back inline, it has started doing a better job of filtering the water. Soon we can be back to swimming again.

No comments:

Popular Posts