Saturday 9 May 2009

Dear Rene

Carol and Matthew headed back to Johannesburg today while I represented our family at my Aunt Rene's 67th birthday party (shown above). My Aunt Rene is the artist in the family and signs her paintings under her maiden name Regina West. It was an hour and half ride on my Vespa using all the back roads to Garsfontein. I thought that I would be caught in the rain that showered down on JZ presidential inauguration in Pretoria but it was over as I approached and the sun was doing its best to make an appearance. It was good to see that part of the family again as I don't go often to Pretoria even though it is close. So now South Africa has a new president, Carol and Matthew are back home safely, Aunt Rene is another year older and I enjoyed my ride to the other side of the boerewors curtain. Here's to many more years, Auntie Rene.

No comments:

Popular Posts