Monday 4 May 2009

Reunion

Today was the big day, when I met my sister Julie again since 1996.But before that we spent the morning at Addington Beach. The waves were small and the sea surface like a mirror. Matthew did not want to leave but we had to as my reunion was barrelling up. Anyway I was not sure that I would recognise Julie since I last saw her the week of my dad’s funeral when she was only 14. She arrived with her husband, David, in tow and like me she seemed nervous at first but Carol soon put her at ease. They have been married for six months now I did not even know she was married. I only found out she was in the country six months ago through my cousin Jo-Ann who has kept in contact with her. David is a systems analyst and is from the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. This made Carol happy as she has someone else to practice her French on even though it is with a Creole accent.



No comments:

Popular Posts