Sunday 21 January 2018

Happy Birthday Centre Church


After yesterday's dirty work, it was nice just to let your guard down and join family to celebrate Centre Church's 2 years in existence. Happy Birthday!

A broken group of people getting together to live life together with the Messiah Jesus. Broken as I am, free falling not knowing if I am going to get caught, and all I want is to be able to say that it is well with my soul.

Jon used a story of his wife asking him to take out the dustbin but God asks us to help Him, take out the dustbin. How come we tend to ask what can God do for us.  BUT God calls us not to help us with our plan, but to be part of His almighty plan. It is not about us anymore, we not the centre, Mr Venter. It is like the analogy that I use, imagine a big spotlight, shinning down from above and God calls us into the light from the darkness outside the light. Now once we are inside, the centre, it is easy for us to relax, enjoy the light. we are saved, right? We can just stay put, BUT God called us to reach out into the dark, grab a hand and pull it into the light.

It is well, it is well with my soul.

No comments:

Popular Posts