Wednesday 18 June 2014

Nyala Up Close


Imagine my surprise when walking along a path in Mogale Business Park with my head down concentrating on my cellphone, I heard a rustle to my right, looking up I saw a male Nyala not even 2 metres away from me.

I slowly pulled my camera out of my pocket, thinking that he would have scurried away before I could even switch it on. Luckily, he just put his head down chomped on some foliage without a concern in the world. I didn’t even check my settings as I slowly raised up my camera and shot away. I could even reach out and touch him, but I didn’t risk it as he is a wild animal after all with rather large horns.

I wish I could have spent more time with this Nyala up close and personal but in this busy world of ours, time is very precious.

No comments:

Popular Posts