Sunday 27 October 2013

Miley Cyrus Wannabe


This morning I joined the company Danfoss as part of their team entrance to the iThemba Breast Cancer Awareness Walkathon. Although the weather forecast said 22% chance of rain, the day turned out very hot but that didn’t stop 20,000 walkers taking the streets in memory of a loved one.

I decided that the 5km walk would be a good start to these walks through the suburbs of Emmerentia. I brought along my Italian Greyhound Maxy and in case anyone thinks he is a Whippet, I brought Skye to help the walkers see the difference between an Italian Greyhound and a Whippet. I saw 3 other Italian Greyhounds but no Whippets. Kim, a Facebook friend brought her two Italian Greyhounds, and she said that when she was walking next to a Great Dane, someone asked her if she has Great Dane puppies.

At the end of the walk, I saw this Boerbul, who had made the 5km walk and by the sight of his tongue must have been exhausted. He was making a perfect Miley Cyrus wannabe with that tongue of his.

1 comment:

Kymmy said...

What a lovely surprise to finally meet you and your kids!

Popular Posts