Monday 1 October 2012

Some Nights


The day before the test to confirm or not to confirm the other two tests is here. Just one more night to see through as the sun disappears and the smog is seen through the haze. Just one more night I scream into the darkening sky as the chorus of the song Some Nights by Fun keeps churning over and over again.

Some nights, I stay up cashing in my bad luck
Some nights, I call it a draw
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for
What do I stand for? What do I stand for?
Most nights, I don't know anymore

I did a Delia on the way home today, sort of a resolve of the last push. While shopping for some chicken soup, I saw these fresh organic carrots and they looked yummy so I added them to my basket along with apples, pears along with the Cranberry Juice. While the sounds of the snare drum roll out into the night sky I look up and mumble the words oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for anymore. For some nights I'm scared and some I stand tall. And tonight Lord I'm just trying to be brave.

1 comment:

BioniKat said...

So scary and too raw for me to comment on yesterday Jerome. Brings back memories of what I went through not so long ago but God gave me the strength to see it through and I stand here today. God still has a purpose for you in life and this that you are going through is your testing ground, your opportunity to trust in Him.

Popular Posts