Tuesday 12 May 2020

Day 47 - End of the Road


Lockdown Day 47 - I had to deliver a package to a really run down part of Randburg today. While waiting for the costumer to collect, I surveyed my surroundings that I found myself in. One side looked like a drug den with people coming and going through a locked gate. Next to that was these chickens (shown above) waiting and watching while their brothers and sisters get their heads cut off and plucked by a group of women sitting on buckets. Forget Covid-19, this is the end of the road for these chickens.

While deep in thought, a car pulled up next to me and asked if I needed help. I had to snap out of my thoughts and only then noticed a police van next to me with 2 masked police officers peering out of their window at me sitting on my Vespa sticking out like a sore thumb. 

Later as the officers drove further along, one of the drug dealers came and "pssst"me through the fence, and asked if I want anything. Sjoe I must really be in the wrong place.

No comments:

Popular Posts