Friday 15 November 2019

Rubber It


I haven't seen Dudley since August 2011, when we conquered Sani Pass together that is until now. Well let me start from the beginning, that is last week Sunday. It started raining heavy on Saturday night, and the next morning my tenant said that the cottage is leaking. We climbed up onto the roof above where the leak was originating, and that section it is a flat roof, one of my pet hates because flat roofs are notorious leakers. We temporary covered up with plastic and on Monday we contacted the insurance. 

In turns out that the insurance won't cover us as we have to redo the roof every year. Eish how come we find this out only now but deep down I feel as insurances go, they just don't want to pay. Anyways I contact a friend who runs a waterproofing company with his dad on the East Rand for advice, but he was bit reluctant to come all this way to check out our leaking roof. Then I remembered Dudley, he once said to me that he sells this liquid rubber stuff for roofs. So I phone him, and he said that he manufactures the liquid rubber roof sealant. After some discussion on the phone about my application on a flat roof, I ordered this liquid rubber product from his company Rubber It.

His factory is in Pretoria, but Dudley himself drove all the way to my work to drop off a 25l bucket of liquid rubber. 

Now just to get a gap in all this wet weather.

No comments:

Popular Posts