Tuesday 7 July 2015

Amapondo and Nguni


Driving to work this morning, I hit the rush hour traffic. Oh my word would these cattle just hurry up, I am going to be late for work. But then I see the patterns, the uniqueness of each cow as they brushed past me on their way to pasture.

Cattle are the life blood of the African people and they resemble the wealth and spiritual depth of Africa. So these beasts ambled past with their different colours, I thought about the beautiful Nguni and Amapondo cattle back from the place where I grew up, the Natal South Coast right and the Transkei Wild coast.

Here are two websites for you to see what I am talking about, the first is about Life's a Beach for the Amapondo, and next the Story of the Different Colours of the Nguni, enjoy.

No comments:

Popular Posts