Saturday 18 April 2015

Vespa for Sale


So finally I have arrived at the place where I need to sell my beloved Vespa ET8 150. Anastasiya started life as Sophia when I bought her way back in 2009 and with all the adventures we have been through I would love to keep her forever but sadly it is time to say good bye as I hardly ride her any more now that Scarlet my red Vespa 300 GTS Super has dominated.


I can remember both the ups and the downs of our time together and we have got the scars to prove it. In 2010 Sophia was the only Vespa 150 to take on the Mille or 1000 Miles tour to the Phalaborwa, Sabie, Hazyview, and back, all to the amazement of the 250s and 300cc Vespas.


That is when the adventure started, from the mud, to the Sani Pass Vespa Adventure. It was the open road and the spirit of adventure.

Then we hit rock bottom when Sophia engine went just over 47,000km of adventures in 2012. I then bought a brand new Vespa LX150 which was involved in an accident at 2,400km and used her to do a Dr Jekyll on Sophia and Anastasiya was born.


But our time was running short as Anastasiya and I only managed to do one more adventure after that, the almighty Baviaanskloof before she was replaced by Scarlet and is now gathering dust.

It will be sad to see her go but please remember that this Vespa for Sale comes with history.

No comments:

Popular Posts