Saturday 19 October 2013

Tea Time


Fifteen hours on the road is like flying to Europe, driving to Cape Town from Johannesburg or driving to Durban, back to Johannesburg and then back down again. Then why was I driving for 15 hours yesterday. Well during the week I was asked to pick up my Uncle Ronnie and his son Ronald in Rustenburg and take him to Pretoria why my step-dad and brother would meet us and take them down to Sabie in the Lowveld.

So at seven this morning I headed out to Rustenburg but I hadn’t got very far when I got a phone call from Sabie informing me that my step-dad and brother had a problem with the Land Rover and if I could take them straight down to Sabie for them.

So arriving in Rustenburg I met up with my uncle and his son, loaded my pick-up, and headed east. The journey went from temperatures in the high 30s with my pick-up’s air conditioner cracked up full, to misty mountain passes, freezing rain to thunderous storms but 15 hours later I arrived back home just after 10pm under a starry night.

Arriving home, I just crashed but my mind was still racing through the last 15 hours. Here is my uncle Ronnie insisting on his cup of tea while his son Ronald knowing his dad, looks on in amusement of my get up go look on my face.

No comments:

Popular Posts