Monday 30 March 2020

Day 4 - Bread of Life


Lockdown Day 4 - I had no deliveries for today and rain is seen to be on its way. I am still making sure everything is ready. Yesterday I made my first attempt at making home made bread using my mom's recipe. It was a huge success, so today I got Matthew to try his hand at making bread, you know for life experience. And this is his results.

Here is my mom's recipe...
6 cups of cake flour (12 cups of flour for more bread)
1,5 teaspoons of salt
1,5 teaspoons of sugar
10g of yeast (20g for doubling)
2 tablespoons of oil (4 tablespoons for doubling)

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
Add warm water. Not sure how much but enough to make a stiff dough
Knead dough for a while getting air into the dough. The more air the lighter the bread
Place bowl in warm place and cover with blanket for an hour.
It should have doubled in size. Knead some more.
Cover again in warm place until doubled again

Preheat oven to 200°C
Place dough in bread trays and bake for about 30mins until nice and brown on outside.

Enjoy

No comments:

Popular Posts