Saturday 15 June 2019

Fly High Dirk


I met Dirk over 10 years ago when he joined us at the Joburg Photowalkers on our walks. Dirk was a young man eager to learn all about street photography some the best we had in Johannesburg. Not long after that I was invited to one of his wild parties that he used to throw, this one was his 21st birthday party. 

Dirk started growing into his career of videography starting off as a clapperboy on productions and soon started directing productions. With his career blooming I never thought I would be attending his memorial today.

Dirk, the gentle giant, lived a life wild and free, until it was cut short by a paragliding accident. I will close this post with the words of his eccentric looking father, "Scars heal, and chicks love scars, but his timing f*@$ing sucks!"

No comments:

Popular Posts