Wednesday 2 September 2015

After Animals


What happens after all the animals are gone from this earth? This evening Lynda and I rushed across town to catch Nataniël le Roux’s latest show After Animals. As usual Nataniël’s work is dark with lots of below the surface tones as he explores a world where he has just killed the last animal on earth while at the same time trying to be humble.


His music was awesome along with the dancers and the spectacular costumes but somehow After Animals just didn’t reach the lofty heights of his previous show Rainbow at Midnight. Believe me, if you have never gone and watch any of Nataniël stage performances then please don’t miss this one. Okay what spoiled it slightly for me was that I was tired and that I had something to compare this with, but worth it none the less.


No comments:

Popular Posts