Saturday 12 April 2014

Colour Blocking


Yesterday and today became one long day with an all night prayer session at the Ibizo. Last night and this morning was a blur of foot stomping, hands clapping, and ululating praise and worship. I am actually worried that video may find its way onto YouTube.

All I remember leaving for work on Friday morning at 6:30am and arriving home at on Saturday morning 24 hours later. Other than the all night prayer meeting, one event stood out like a sore thumb, and that is Bongani and colour blocking dress code. This may be the first time I am using a photo from the day before but even with my shades on, I couldn't miss this opportunity.

I have seen this flamboyant style before but never heard it called Colour Blocking before today, oh sorry before yesterday. Discussing more about this style with Paballo when we were eating supper at 2am this morning, she gave me an example of colour blocking with the colours she was wearing against her friend. In my time we had the Ama-gents, with their smart attire finished off with spit and shine shoes. Now the future is so bright you gotta wear shades, eish colour blocking.

No comments:

Popular Posts