Tuesday 25 September 2012

Brenda


The new word for today is Epicurean, yip you read correctly, ep-i-cu-re-an, in simple terms lovers of the sensual pleasures that good food and good wine bring. A little close to my heart I must confess and it does't help with me being slightly portly but as I prayed earlier today, "Lord, if I can't be skinny, make my friends look fat".

I came across this word epicurean and its opposite word stoic this evening at home circle where a small group of homies studied part of Paul's journey to Macedonia. Brenda, shown above was one of small group who pull apart and debated the intricate details of this passage. Oh how easy for us to default to self gratification like the epicureans and forget that it is not about us at all.

1 comment:

BioniKat said...

In other words, eat to live - not live to eat...! Too simple I know and encompasses more than just food but every area of life.

Popular Posts