Tuesday 21 June 2011

Broos not Broeis

On Monday I was feeling very fragile after dropping Matthew off. I had spent the entire long weekend with him. He had given me a framed photo of himself for my birthday to keep me company at times like Monday. For Father's Day I got a mosaic notebook holder that he had made for me (both are shown above).

Yesterday I had stated in on Facebook that I was feeling fragile but in Afrikaans as not to put my heart too openly on my sleeve. Just to get it straight I used the word "broos" not "broeis" which means broody instead of fragile. Anyway today I am feeling a bit stronger with two days under the bridge. Just as Albert Camus once said "In the depth of winter, I finally learnt that within me lay an invincible summer." Kind of ironic that today being the shortest day of the year and it with that it can only get better.

No comments:

Popular Posts