Thursday 10 June 2010

Sweet Music to my ears

Wow today I was really impressed with these young musicians at Orlando. Let me start at the beginning. We went by a Business Express train to the newly revamped Orlando Station to officially handover and open it to the public. The construction work was done by this women run company and the work(wo)manship was head over heels better than the work done at Nasrec Station although Nasrec was a more technical station. Upon arriving at the station the contactors were waiting and this ragtag group of brass band musicians who joyously welcomed us. The instruments looked battered and well worn but they played so well that I was filled with joy. Jazzy and funky matching numbers were the order of the day that even I was jiving to the lively rhythms of Orlando, Soweto.

No comments:

Popular Posts