Sunday 21 June 2009

The Long trip back

I thought that the trip back would be sombre since we lost 2-0 to Spain but news filtered down that Iraq and New Zealand drew 0-0 which meant that South Africa was through to the semi-finals. It was not very comfortable for us on the Shosholoza Meyl but we did I best. The train left Bloemfontein only at 3:30am and arrived back at Park Station at 9:30am. The party continued all the way to Johannesburg. I was very tired as I did not get much sleep so when I arrived home I showered and crashed. Today’s photo is of the sun rise somewhere in the Orange Free State from the train.

2 comments:

Duck Pictures said...

Did you have seats (sitter class) or beds (sleeper class)? Sounds like fun and wish I could of been there.

Jerome West said...

There was three trains down. Two Sitter class and one Premier Classe. The Sitter class and the match tickets was for free. You just had to ask any of the PRASA companies for one. I took the sitter class offer and left on the last train back as it was the least full which meant the kids could sleep across two seats and less noise.

Popular Posts