Tuesday 5 August 2014

Who stole our roof?


The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping, after setting up their tent they sat around the fire place for a while until they got tired and went to sleep. A few hours later Tonto woke up the Lone Ranger saying “Kemo Sabi, look towards the sky, what do you see?” The Lone Ranger replied, “I see millions of stars”. “What does that tell you?” asked Tonto. After pondering a bit on the question, the Lone Ranger answered, “Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you, Tonto?” After a few moments of silence, Tonto responds “Kemo Sabi, it tells me someone stole our tent.”

Yes I know Tonto it is an old one but it was the thought that crossed my mind when I walked into our cottage this afternoon, “Kemo Sabi, someone stole our roof!” Who?

I am all bunged up and fully medicated due to this man flu, but I knew what I was looking up at wasn’t right. Earlier today there was an earthquake measuring mb5.3 about 100km away. We felt the double shocks of the long and short P-waves as it rumbled passed but surely it couldn’t have been the earthquake that left me seeing millions of stars though what was once my roof.

Then it hit me, this medicine is making me slow, who had stolen my roof. One side of our thatch roof of the cottage was leaking during the past summer rains and now that we way into the dry season the thatchers were in to repair the roof. Only the surface rotten pieces of thatch was to be removed and replaced promised the thatches. Not this surely. After getting hold of the thatches, they told me that the thatch was so rotten through that they removed most of it, leaving me to find only what you can see above, including the stars.

So now we are staying in a hotel, while the roof is being repaired as I am not a camping type person and the stars, well there are too many of them and they are starting to intimidate me.

No comments:

Popular Posts