Saturday 22 December 2012

Potchefstroom


During the week Magda contacted me to see if I was interested in a road trip to Potchefstroom as Dave needed to stretch the legs of his new orange Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport.

Sun, beers and the open road what more can I ask for. Of course a ride into the countryside and over 300km later my arse is sore, have sun burnt arms and am super tired. After taking the scenic route via Kroomdraai and Carletonville, we lunched at the Beef Boys in an empty student town. I can only picture that Potchefstroom must buzz when filled with varsity students. But for now a quiet oaked lined streets of the Bult will have to do.

I am out of practice with very few long rides done this year. Well next year, I am looking forward to the Baviaanskloof Adventure. Ahhh the open road with a Vespa purring beneath you.

No comments:

Popular Posts