Tuesday 27 January 2009

Rules of Engagement

At home cell we started with one of Andy Stanley's series "The Sinai Code". I will give a more in-depth write up about it on my other blog "This is the BBC" soon but I leave you with this. When I was growing I was taught that in the Old Testament God's character was revealed. More than ever this is the case when God handed down His 10 rules. You get to know someone by the rules that they lay down. For example the first one states that you shall not have any other gods but me. This shows me that He is a jealous God. But the first part of the series showed me otherwise. God wasn't saying here are some rules to live by and once you get good at it then maybe we can talk about a relationship. No! He was initiating a relationship first and then giving us boundaries which to keep us safe. Well if you want more then you need to keep your eyes peeled for my soon to be written post on my other blog. While you waiting for that here is Tracy and Gary at the home cell.

No comments:

Popular Posts