Monday 21 November 2016

I Gotta Have Faith


I remember this song “Faith”, which was a hit during my first year of army many moons ago, it hasn’t got nothing to do what I need right now, the real faith, but the tune, well it is sticking in my mind.

This evening, while taking the washing off the line, my mind started playing tricks on me. Racing thoughts just nose dived like a wailing Stuka. Not so good anxious thoughts entered my mind and must have had a major panic attack.

I know that God, my God who is a good father will never leave me, nor forsake me. I know that He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I know I should trust Him, cast my cares upon Him, and rest in His presence. But when life is falling apart, and I can't see His plan, anxious thoughts just push me back under the water.

I gotta have faith!

My devotional this morning was all about “Where are You, God?” We never have to work hard to find God in the good times but in the hard times, I confess that I wonder where He is. In my quiet time with God, I had to ask, that very question, where are You? And then after some readings, I had to ask the Holy Spirit to speak to me.

At first nothing, no mighty wind, no whisper in the quiet place, nothing, nadda. Down and rejected I went to see an client and while working in this side room, I looked up and saw that someone had written in black marker onto the wall, Psalm 32:8 I never heard of this Psalm before, yet the verse hit me straight between the eyes, and as if God spoke directly to me, only me. The rhema word said “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.”

Yes God just spoke to me, in the busyness of my day. Thank You, God, for being a good father to me.

No comments:

Popular Posts