Saturday 27 August 2016

Goodbye Anastasiya


This is the first step in getting my life back in order. Anastasiya, my black Vespa ET4/8 150, has been sitting in my garage for nearly 2 years now while I use Scarlet, my red Vespa GTS300ie Super (Please note Scarlett is also for sale).

Richard my old friend from the Joburg Photowalkers snapped Anastasiya up and will bring her back to her formal glory by changing her name back to Sophia which she was originally called. Anastasiya /Sophia comes with lots of history. She was the first Vespa and the only 2 scooters ever to do Sani in Winter (Mitilda a P150X was the other one). I know of a SYM 125 scooter doing it in the summer months but winter well that is another story. Sophia also did the Roof of Africa the very next day after Sani crossing over Lesotho along 4x4 tracks with thick snow either side.

After that Sophia became Anastasiya after her engine blew after a highway trip home after work. A few years later also along with Mitilda, she conquered Baviaanskloof Valley where the river beds became the road less travelled much to the surprise of 4x4 enthusiasts and off-road bikers.

Hello Sophia, ahhh let the adventures re-begin.

No comments:

Popular Posts