Sunday 4 September 2011

Daddy's Blues

Matthew, these words painted as art here and famously quoted by Janis Joplin, a rock and soul singer from just before daddy's time, still beats true. From what I know of Janis, a lot of her life was split between trying to live up to her parents expectations of whom she should be and what her audience wanted and got. I want to say these words to you my boy, don't compromise yourself, it's all you have.

Matthew, don't follow my path, but learn from my mistakes. It might seem a bit early now but the choices you make will in the future affect your life. I want you to find your passion and follow your dream. Start looking now because finding your right path is priceless. Don't expect it to find you and don't think it doesn't matter. And remember what an old rocker once said don't compromise yourself, it's all you have. I love you Matt.

No comments:

Popular Posts